Employment at the Great Northwest
The Great Northwest Community Improvement Association, Inc. is an incorporated non-profit mandatory membership deed-restricted property owners association of about 19,000 residents located in Northwest San Antonio. We have approximately 18 full-time employees, plus multiple seasonal part-time employees as needed (such as Life Guards, Pool Gate Guards, Referees, etc.). In addition, we have some contracted employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Great Northwest is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, sex, religion, national origin, or other protected condition. There are minimum age requirements for all positions and dress and grooming standards for all employees.
Drug Screening / Physicals
Drug screening showing no evidence of illegal drug use is a precondition to employment by the Great Northwest. Physical exams are required for some positions. Drug screening and physicals are at the Association’s expense.
Your Job Application Packet must include:
- Cover Letter
Return completed applications by the deadline to:
Great Northwest CIA, Inc.
8809 Timberwilde Drive
San Antonio, TX 78250
Or e-mail your completed application to:
Applications may also be left with the front desk staff during regular office hours, mailed or dropped in the drop box just outside the main entrance to the GNW Lodge, or faxed to 210.681.2986. We may reject late applications.
Position Description: Landscape Technician [Reports to Lead Landscape Technician]
• Current driver’s license and maintenance of an insurable driving record.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior experience and knowledge in the operation of commercial landscape equipment: Zero turn
mower, tractor, backpack leaf blower, string trimmer, hedge trimmer, and chainsaw.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Effective time management, problem-solving abilities, and commitment to work with individuals at all
• Good judgment and a vested interest in acting in the best interest of the organization.
Under the direction and supervision of the Lead Landscape Technician, the Landscape Technician acts to
maintain an appropriate standard of maintenance and upkeep for outdoor areas owned and managed by the
Great Northwest Community Improvement Association.
• Maintain outdoor areas as appropriate to include basic lawn maintenance, sodding, weed control,
fertilization, and trimming/pruning of bushes and trees.
• Ensure outdoor amenities, sidewalks, driveways, and parking lots remain clear and abated of
• Adhere to standards of safe chemical storage and effectively operate a variety of assigned tools
• Work with Maintenance Manager to create and maintain preventive schedule to enhance and
preserve the health and appearance of outdoor areas.
• Maintain irrigation system for optimum operations through troubleshooting and preventative repairs.
• Perform periodic maintenance on tractors, zero-turn mowers, and two-cycle landscaping equipment.
• Ensure the maintenance buildings, equipment, and vehicle are kept in an orderly manner.
• Conduct quality assessments on equipment and systems and report to the Maintenance Manager
deficiencies which may require preventive or corrective maintenance.
• In the absence of the Lead Landscape Technician, the Landscape Technician will assume
department responsibility and report to the Maintenance Manager.
Normal work hours are from 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Regularly works outdoors; frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, heat, and cold.
Frequently must squat, stoop, kneel, reach, and lift or carry 50 pounds or more.