Employment at the Great Northwest
The Great Northwest Community Improvement Association, Inc. is an incorporated non-profit mandatory membership deed-restricted property owners association of about 19,000 residents located in Northwest San Antonio.
We have approximately 18 full-time employees, plus multiple seasonal part-time employees as needed (such as Life Guards, Pool Gate Guards, Referees, etc.). In addition, we have some contracted employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Great Northwest is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, sex, religion, national origin, or other protected condition. There are minimum age requirements for all positions and dress and grooming standards for all employees.
Drug Screening / Physicals
Drug screening showing no evidence of illegal drug use is a precondition to employment by the Great Northwest. Physical exams are required for some positions. Drug screening and physicals are at the Association’s expense.
Your Job Application Packet must include:
- Cover Letter
Return completed applications by the deadline to:
Great Northwest CIA, Inc.
8809 Timberwilde Drive
San Antonio, TX 78250
Or e-mail your completed application to:
Applications may also be left with the front desk staff during regular office hours, mailed or dropped in the drop box just outside the main entrance to the GNW Lodge, or faxed to 210.681.2986.
We may reject late applications.
Position Description: Member Services Advisor Reports to Assistant Community Manager
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong knowledge of computer systems and Microsoft Office proficiency
• Motivated, energetic, team player
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational capabilities
• Accurate, efficient, and timely data entry
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated history of outstanding customer service
• Basic accounting/bookkeeping skills
• Ability to effectively work with individuals at all organizational levels
• Bilingual is a plus
This position is forward-facing and often the first point of contact between the Association and the public. It requires strong customer service skills, time management, and the willingness to address changing priorities with enthusiasm. Under the direction of the Assistant Community Manager, the Member Services Advisor provides administrative support services as required in the daily operation of the Association.
o Greets visitors to the Association with professionalism and courtesy and assists in providing them
services including the issuance of Member ID’s or refers them to appropriate staff
o Monitors the telephone system, updates messages, and answers or screens calls in a professional and
o Processes incoming mail and dropbox items
o Processes income or checks in conjunction with the Accounting Manager
o Accepts assessment payments and other non-assessment income
o Oversees private party reservations and accepts rental fees for the lodges and swimming pools
o Provides monthly statistics on rentals, resales, transfers, and visitors to Assistant Community Manager
o Assists Recreation in registering community members for athletics
o Processes resale packets, invoices and prepares documents for delivery
o Orders and maintains supplies; coordinates equipment maintenance
o Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
o Assists with special projects as assigned
o Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Position Description: Part-Time Security Patrol Officer Reports o Security Chief
• Current driver’s license and maintenance of an insurable driving record.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior military police or law enforcement experience is strongly preferred.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication with a demonstrated proficiency in dealing
with the application of laws, rules, and regulations.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with constantly changing priorities.
• Effective time management, problem-solving abilities, and commitment to working with the public
and colleagues at all organizational levels.
• Good judgment and a vested interest in acting in the best interest of the organization.
Under the direction and supervision of the Security Chief, the Patrol Officer acts to safeguard assets of
the Association including common areas and amenities assists with the enforcement of Deed
Restrictions and Architectural Covenants, and provides courtesy services to residents. Additionally, they
act as an expert witness and collaborator with the San Antonio Police Department relating to matters of
public safety and encourage practices that promote the safety and well-being of community members.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Have a working knowledge of the guidelines, policies and, procedures of the Association for
security employees and the provisions of the Declaration of Covenant, Conditions and
- Patrol the seven subdivisions in the Great Northwest and perform scan point checks at all
Association managed property and facilities.
- Assist in the enforcement of rules, policies and, procedures related to amenities including
opening and closing facilities and conducting regular checks of membership ID cards.
- Promptly respond to calls from community members, Association employees, and third-party
security monitoring services.
- Report to the Security Chief any malfunction of Association equipment or repairs needed to
Association facilities or property.
- Work collaboratively with the San Antonio Police Department to enhance public safety in the
- Serve as a point of information and referral for other concerns related to City Departments
including Animal Care Services, Code Enforcement, Public Works, and more.
- Assist residents with courtesy services including out of town inspections, lock-out services, and
limited roadside assistance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Security Chief or Community Manager.
Rotating 8-hour shifts Monday through Sunday between 6 AM and 2 PM, 2 PM to 10 PM, and 10 PM to 6 AM.
Regularly works indoors and outdoors; frequently exposed to wet and/humid conditions, heat, and cold.
May have to squat, stoop, kneel, reach and lift or carry 25 pounds or more.